Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Permanent Fix to a Temporary Problem.

I had a whole mess of double-first cousins (Mother's brother married Father's sister) who grew up basically across the street from us.  My cousin Tim was a riot -- always the life of every party.  He always could be counted on to have a new joke or a funny story.  He was my mother's favorite, probably because he had such good comedic timing.  I admired him greatly.  When I was growing up I wanted to be like him.  He went on to be elected Mayor of my hometown.

This morning, in the midst of apparent financial problems, he committed suicide.

And there just aren't words.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

How awful for you and your entire family. You have my sympathy.

egebs said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. May you be able to find some peace and remember that wonderful person that he is.

Natalie Servant said...

What a rough December you're having. My thoughts are with you & your family.

MINItron said...

I am at a loss for words. My heart goes out to you and your family. I truly hope that the new year brings better tidings for you all.

Susan said...

Oh Aiden,
How dreadfully sad for you and your family. My deepest sympathy.
~Susan

Anonymous said...

I was blog stalking and came across your blog.
I feel so sad that your December wasn't so pleasant! Your Aunt Nan - sounds like an Aunt we would all like to have!
I'm sorry your friend couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
You will look for your cat for a long time - bonds like that are never broke.
I hope 2011 will be better for you.

Tallguy said...

Oh, no!! What a shock!

What could be going on underneath the face of a clown? That is too sad....

blueyed wench said...

My condolences.