Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF


I just can't. Every time I hear the name or see a picture of Iranian President Mahmoud Amadinejad I start to hear Patsy Cline singing "Crazy" in my head. Over and over. Every. Single. Time. Sometimes I hum along. Sometimes I sing backup.

By the end of Mike Wallace's 60 Minutes interview I was doing a full-fledged drag number in the family room, complete with choreography. (Does anyone have any size 12 white cowboy/gogo boots I could borrow?)

Worry, why do I let myself worry?
Wond'ring what in the world did I do?

Crazy for thinking that my love could hold you,

I'm crazy for trying and crazy for crying

And I'm crazy for loving you.


Do you think they make medicine for this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...it's better than the words I say, in my head, whenever I see Bush on TV.

Now you've stuck the song in my head and I just don't know what I'm gonna do.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Love the NYC stories. Sorry about the finger. When can I join you for some homemade sausage? 8-)
About this guy. . .is it me, or does he strongly resemble a young Walter Matthau?