Thursday, April 12, 2007

GOTTA RUN

We are headed out today to my brother-in-law's wedding, at which I will serve as best man and Norbert will serve as Junior Groomsman.

But I couldn't leave town without saying a few things about my first three days at work.

I think I am going to be happy here.

Everyone I have met has been friendly. I've already gotten some interesting new cases. My partner and I share a secretary who is an absolute spitfire and can do almost anything. My new office is big enough for a chair for a visitor, and I have two large walls which are screaming out for real art. (Anyone got any framed Chinese landscapes laying around the attic?)

Oh -- and yesterday was my first Wednesday. The firm provides breakfast. It was positively Bacchanalian. Way too much to choose from. Although I did manage to get intimate with a chocolate muffin!

I'll write more when we are back.

5 comments:

hugs said...

Mazel tov to the bride and groom! I hope everybody had a great time at the wedding and nobody fell off of their chair.

Wednesday breakfast sounds delicious.

Leslie said...

The situation at the new firm sounds QUITE positive :) You may indeed have found a new home.

You've given me a smile for the day so I thank you and wish you a grand weekend.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are working out well at the new job!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, have been checking in at times to see how the story unfolds. I became a fan when I discovered your fashion commentary.

DragonMommie said...

I know this is kind of late, but I just heard your story on the podcast, Cast On about trying to find your friend, Julie. I am also trying to find a long lost friend and know what you were/are going through.

So, I was wondering if you ever found your friend.