Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm On A Roll!

Norbert was feeling under the weather today, so Myfanwe stayed home with him this morning while I went to work, and then I relieved her at lunch time and she went to work.

Norbert is doing fine -- he's currently splayed in a recliner in the family room watching a program on how pneumatic drills are made. With plenty of rest and relaxation, he'll be good as new tomorrow.

As for me, I've managed to find something to do to help me pass the time! A pot of tea (Supreme Breakfast), some fruit shortbread, and a little knitting on the Lilac Leaf Shawl.



What? You can't see? Here -- let me show you a close-up.


Those fruit shortbreads are really quite yummy. They taste like they may have a little graham flour in them.

Oh -- and if you wanted to see closeups of the knitting...



I'm half-way through the first border motif. The next motif contains nupps -- rhymes with soups -- and I'm a wee bit nervous about them. I'll let you know how they go. (I'm going to put in lifelines a row or two ahead of the nupps, in cake I really mess up.)

1 comment:

Granny's Girls said...

I have been meaning to ask how "Bella" has aclimatized since her immigration to the US. Has she lived up to her expectations?
What wonderful things has she conjured up lately?
Susan aka Myfanwy
P.S. My word verification is "bleess" how nice.