Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's See Now...

I had a lovely evening.

We had friends over for St. Patrick's Day dinner. It was your basic Irish American fare. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, soda bread, with a choice of Guinness, Miller Light, or Kaliber, the NA made by Guinness. For dessert I served coffee, tea, and bread pudding.




After our guests left, I got in a few rows on my latest knitting project -- the Lilac Leaf Shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia. I'm only half-way through the border -- and I've had to rip out and restart a few times -- but I'm enjoying it. (I don't feel bad about having to re-start the project twice because Stephanie Pearl McPhee had to start over eleventy-four times, and she about 243 times the knitter I am.) I'm knitting it in Lacey Lamb lace weight in a dusty rose color. Someone I am very fond of has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, so I am knitting this shawl as a gift for his wife and using the knitting as an opportunity to pray for my friend's well being.

Tomorrow morning, before I go to work, I'm going to put a lifeline in on row 30. Then I know I won't run the risk of having to rip the whole thing out.

Pics another day. It is late and I'm tired.

Happy Spring, dear ones!

3 comments:

Susan said...

So nice to see you back. I splurged and bought that book also. I am "knitting with a hot needle" right now trying to finish my Vernal Equinox Shawl by Friday.
(KAL- Ravelry)
take care,
Susan

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! Can't wait to see the finished shawl. Lovely.
CC Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy spring to you too! I've missed hearing about home and family and seeing your beautiful lace knitting.