Monday, January 22, 2007

MORE MUCK FROM MILAN

My friend Macarena sent me the first pic of the post, excited as she is over the prospect of leggings for men. Although I am sure payback is among her top motives, I can't help but wonder if she isn't also interesting in seeing a guys kibbles and bits! I am not a fan of dress shoes without socks, so when I look at this picture all I can think is that they sell socks 6 pair for $10 at Target.

And then we have this lovely creation from Fendi. I don't know what to say. Except that I don't know that I would have put a capelet with a business suit. And it makes the model look like Julie Andrews. Do you think there is a large market for clothing that makes 21 year old boys look like a 65 year old woman trying to look like a 21 year old boy? Oh gosh, if Little Old Lady become a chic look for men, people are gonna start asking me for fashion tips.


IO didn't have to go far to find evidence of my assertion that designers were running small this year. And is it just me, or does the eye makeup make him look like his eyes are looking in different directions?


Etro has jumped onto the Bucket Hat Bandwagon with gusto. Except I fear he might have lifted the design from a famous movie character.



You decide.
Yes, it seems as if Etro is bound and determined to beat the life out of the felted bucket hat if it is the last thing he does. What on earth could this guy be carrying in that bag? Clean straw?

I have to say, I really, really like the rest of this guys outfit...nasty, ugly, repetitive hat notwithstanding. Me likey the sweater, the vest and the scarf.


And this practically had me clapping at my computer. Isn't this the cutest idea. And when the show is over, no one has to rush to catch a flight!

2 comments:

Chicago Jen said...

OK, your Julie Andrews comment made me spit my tea at my PC which scared the bejeezus out of the lady next to me.... Love your writing. Always thoughtful and always right on.

mc78 said...

I will admit, I don't always go to the ballet for the dancing.