Thursday, May 14, 2009

FINISHED OBJECT

I just finished an object. The Peacock Tail and Leaf Scarf from Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia. It was a pleasant knit. I learned a lot. I go over my fear of grafting the end border lace. I think I did an ok job of it. I knitted it from Skacel's Merino Lace in Aubergine. It is really the most incredible color. Just fabulous. And I think it may have been my best piece of lacework to date.

Unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures of it before I sent it away. I could have stalled mailing it another day or two, but in my heart I just couldn't wait. It is going to a wonderful person who deserves it greatly. I'm not saying who. But I had spent these weeks knitting it and thinking about her and praying for her -- I like to use knitting as a prayerful activity -- and wishing for good things for her. I didn't want to wait a minute longer than I had to to send my prayers to her.

I did ask her to take a couple of pics for me, when she has a chance, and I will post them when I get them.

I have already cast on my next project. I mentioned that I had overcome my fear of grafting the end lace panel. That said, I have cast on for the Triinu scarf, which uses a provisional cast on so the end lace edge can be knit onto live stitches.

No comments: