Monday, July 23, 2007

Since Last Post...

Well, I was right. I did need a wee bit more time in the oral surgeons chair. Actually, three more times...but who's counting?


The two week delay in healing sets my whole healing schedule back, and I am now looking at a total of 6 weeks on a completely soft diet. I would like to point out that, at this moment, I am living proof that not all fat people are jolly. As much as I used to love them, I sincerely believe I will rip the face off of anyone who tries to feed me jello, pudding, or chicken noodle soup. (I do think I could eat a bit more spicy lentil soup, though. And I am positively gaga -- even still -- for chocolate malteds. MMMMMmmmmm. Malteds. I have to eat them with a spoon...nothing through a straw for a while yet.)

"What is the upside to having an ever growing changing array of stitches and incisions and extractions in your mouth?" you say? Whell here it is: I think I've lost about 10 pounds, though I can't say for sure. I still avoid scales. But I've definitely lost a noticeable bit of pork pie. Ummmm. Pork pie. Ummmmmm.


I have lost ten pounds, but I haven't lost the yearning for food. I can't tell you what I wouldn't do for a bucket of fried chicken. It might be easier to say what I would NOT do!!

I ripped back a few rows of the prayer shawl -- back to the lifeline. I will have the iPod charged and loaded with the remainder of the HPDH audio book by the end of the day tomorrow!

Ta!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Feeling your pain. I had 2 rounds of gum surgery and a soft diet SUCKS!!! Especially when everyone around you is eatting real food. I knew there was a problem when I sat across from my handsome hubby looking lovingly while thinking, "Umm what a great looking bagel he has. I want that bagel" lol.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and plenty of chicken in your near future.

mc78 said...

Feel better soon!