Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Merci! Σας ευχαριστούμε! Danke! 谢谢! 너를 감사하십시요! Obrigado! Grazie! ありがとう!

Thank you so much to everyone who wrote in with suggestions! I have clogs!


Hot water with cold rinse did the trick. I didn't have the opportunity to go to the laundramant,
but my gentle washer was able to felt them -- it just took three washing cycles to do it. Since it is a front loader and is therefore impossible to open, i put them in on the shortest wash cycle. Each wash I put in a tablespoon or so of liquid soap. I didn't try the baking soda, but may when I do the next pair.

Myfanwe and Norbert are really going to like these, I think. If only they were appropriate for outdoor wear...they go perfectly with the Gryffindor scarves I knit for them!

Last night at the Hyde Park Stitch 'n Bitch I finished the Neverending Effing Wrap! Woo hoo! I've only been working on it for 2 months. 62 inches of a modified 1 x 1 rib (all knit stitches were done into the back of the stitch) that I swear was the most boring thing I have ever worked on. I still have to block the pieces and do the shaping, which is pretty complex. I haven't figured out where I'm going to block the pieces yet. I wish I had a blocking board!

So in order to earn my Olympic Gold I still have to knit and felt one more pair of clogs. I'd better go cast on!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The clogs look great! I'm so glad they felted. What is the wrap? What pattern? Inquiring minds want to know!

Franklin said...

Wow. The wrap is done. What a relief, eh? Can't wait to see a picture.

Gee, I feel such a connection to it. As I recall, I was present for the birth. Sort of.

The clogs are faboo. Cozy, yet with flair.

Aidan said...

I think, Dear Yonkel, that you were present when my water broke. I feel like I pushed for 8 weeks.

Beth said...

Fantastic! I'm so glad you were able to get them to work; they look great.

Elisabeth said...

They're beautiful! Congrats on a job well done.

Anonymous said...

Those clogs look great! You've inspired me to try a pair...

Thanks for posting your felting process. I just made my first felted project with Lamb's Pride Bulky and had so-so results on the felting part. I realized, after the fact, that the hot water wash wasn't as hot as it could be, and only ran it through once. Now I know to do a few washings before accepting it. :)

Annie said...

Beautiful clogs! Now I wanna make a pair....

Norah said...

They look great!!

JustApril said...

They are cool - warm and toasty looking. =) hope you get your gold =)