Friday, February 22, 2008

Three Things for Friday, February 22, 2008

  1. Norbert has a good part in his school play. Today was the first of three performances. (We are going to the Sunday matinee.) Several parents -- including the mother of the title character -- stopped me on my way into school this afternoon to say that Norbert stole the show...not by grandstanding, but by giving a really good performance.
  2. I was invited today to a party given by and for my extended family. Family that I felt estranged from for decades. This is progress.
  3. I love baking bread, and making challah most of all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo to Norbert! Bet you can't wait to see the play on Sunday, you proud papa!

Cheri said...

Yes, Bravo to Norbert!!

I love baking bread too. I've not tried challah, but every year (several times a year actually) I make my great grandmother's recipe for Portuguese Easter Bread.